Version 1.6 of the StorageGRID Webscale Installer includes support for DHCP-assigned IP addresses, updated installation functionality, and improvements to the seven-segment display codes on the E5600SG controller.
Version 1.6 of the StorageGRID Webscale
Appliance Installer provides the following updates:
- You can now use a DHCP-assigned IP address when you first access the E5600SG controller. You can then set static IP addresses for the management network, the grid network, and the optional client network using the Configure Network Connections page of the StorageGRID Webscale Installer.
- The IP addresses assigned to the E5600SG controller for the management network and for the grid network are shown on the controller's seven-segment display, making network configuration easier.
- The list of seven-segment display codes for the E5600SG controller has been updated. The new list uses easier-to-read, non-conflicting codes.
- The Configure Network Connection page now includes three Ping IP widgets, making it easier to validate network connections to the management network, the grid network, and the client network during installation.
- The StorageGRID Webscale Appliance Installer Home page refreshes automatically every ten seconds. You no longer need to manually refresh the screen to see an updated status or to determine if the IP addresses are enabled.
- When the node install is running the automated steps to configure the node, the StorageGRID Webscale Appliance Installer ensures that certain tasks completed in a previous install are not re-executed. On the progress page, tasks that do not require re-execution remain in a “Not started” state.
- If you want to switch from Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) to RAID6 (or from RAID6 to DDP), you can now clear the configuration, allowing you to re-create volumes using the StorageGRID Webscale Appliance Installer.
- If needed, the firmware can be upgraded in the field using an Upgrade Utility. Contact technical support for details.
- The StorageGRID Webscale node recovery procedures can now preserve undamaged data LUNs. If you need to recover from a catastrophic failure, the StorageGRID Webscale appliance can be reinstalled with StorageGRID Webscale software, without requiring that all object data be recopied.