You must add the StorageGRID Webscale appliance to SANtricity Storage Manager using the IP address of the E2700 controller. You can then use SANtricity Storage Manager to manage the hardware components and the controller firmware.
About this task
For detailed instructions, see the SANtricity Storage Manager documentation.
- Access the E2700 controller with the service laptop.
|Have DHCP-assigned IP address
||Make sure the service laptop and the E2700 controller are on the same subnet.
|Do not have DHCP-assigned address
- Configure the service laptop IP address with 192.168.129.1/24
- Connect the service laptop to E2700 controller management Port 2 using an Ethernet patch cord.
- On the service laptop, open the SANtricity Storage Manager client.
- In SANtricity Storage Manager, in the Select Addition Method page, select Manual, and click OK.
- Select .
- In the Out-of-band management box of the Add New Storage Array - Manual page, enter one of the following values:
- Using DHCP: The IP address assigned by the DHCP server to management port 1 on the E2700 controller
- Not using DHCP: 192.168.129.101
Note: Because you are currently configuring only the E2700 controller, enter only one controller IP address.
- Click Add.
- Continue with configuring the management ports.