You can restore the contents of a FlexVol volume or Infinite Volume from a Snapshot copy to quickly recover lost or damaged data.
Before you begin
- You must have the advanced privilege level or higher to run the command.
- If you are working with a Snapshot copy of an Infinite Volume, the Snapshot copy must be valid and the Infinite Volume must be online.
- You must not have any I/O traffic running on the volume.
- If the volume is an Infinite Volume, use the volume unmount command to unmount it.
- Use the volume snapshot restore command to restore the contents of a volume from a Snapshot copy.
The following command restores data to a volume named src_os from a Snapshot copy named src_os_snap_3 on the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM)
vs1::*> volume snapshot restore -vserver vs0.example.com
-volume src_os -snapshot src_os_snap_3
- If the volume is an Infinite Volume, use the volume mount command to mount it.
- If the volume has SnapMirror relationships, manually replicate all mirror copies of the volume immediately after you restore from a Snapshot copy.
Not doing so can result in unusable mirror copies that must be deleted and re-created.