You can extend protection from an existing relationship by creating either a fanout from the source volume or a cascade from the destination volume of an existing relationship. You might do this when you need to copy data from one site to many sites or to provide additional protection by creating more backups.
Before you begin
You must have the OnCommand Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
- Click .
- From the Volume Protection Relationships page, select the SnapMirror relationship from which you want to extend protection.
- On the action bar, click Extend Protection.
- In the menu, select either From Source or From Destination, depending on whether you are creating a fanout relationship from the source or a cascade relationship from the destination.
- Select either With SnapMirror or With SnapVault, depending on the type of protection relationship you are creating.
The Configure Protection dialog box is displayed.
- Complete the information as indicated in the Configure Protection dialog box.