The Templates window displays the available templates in alphabetical order. A template is a collection of settings that can be used when creating workflows. You can use templates to create workflows quickly.
Note: Depending on your role and account privileges, this window might not be displayed.
- enables or disables filtering for the entire table. A red "x" appears over the icon if filtering is disabled.
- Double-clicking clears and resets the filtering selections.
- on each column header enables you to filter based on the content of the columns. Clicking in a column allows you to filter on a specific item from the drop-down list or on all available items.
- Clicking the column header toggles between ascending and descending order of sorting. You can identify the applied sort order by the sort arrows ( for ascending and for descending).
- To rearrange the location of columns, you can drag and drop columns to place them in any required order. However, you cannot hide or delete any of these columns.
- Clicking the Search filter text box allows you to search for specific content. In addition, you can search using supported operators for the applicable column type, Alphabetic or Numeric.
The Templates table contains the following columns:
- Indicates whether the template is user-created (no icon, empty cell), PS (), community (), user-locked (), or NetApp-certified ().
You can search for templates by selecting the required check boxes from the filter list.
- Displays the name of the template.
- Displays the scheme associated with the template. A scheme represents the data model for a system. For example, a vc scheme contains data relevant to your virtual environment, such as virtual machines, hosts, and datastores.
- Displays the dictionary object type of the template—for example, volume and Snapshot_Policy.
- Entity Version
- Displays the version number of the object in major.minor.revision format—for example, 1.0.0.
- Displays the description of the template.
- Last Updated On
- Displays the date and time when the template was last updated.
- Updated By
- Displays the name of the user who updated the template.
- Locked By
- Displays the name of the user who locked the template.
The toolbar is located above the column header. You can use the icons in the toolbar to perform various actions. These actions can also be accessed from the right-click menu in the window.
- Opens the New Template dialog box, which enables you to create a new template.
- Opens the Template <template_name> dialog box, which enables you to modify the settings of the selected template. You can also double-click the template to open the Template <template_name> dialog box.
- Opens the New Template <template_name> - copy dialog box, which enables you to create a clone or copy of the selected template.
- Opens the Lock Template confirmation dialog box, which enables you to lock the selected template. This option is enabled only for the templates that you have created.
- Opens the Unlock Template confirmation dialog box, which enables you to unlock the selected template. This option is enabled only for the templates that is locked by you. However, administrators can unlock templates that were locked by other users.
- Opens the Delete Template confirmation dialog box, which enables you to delete the selected user-created template.
Note: You cannot delete a sample template.
- Enables you to export the selected user-created template.
Note: You cannot export a sample template.
- (Add To Pack)
- Opens the Add To Pack Templates dialog box, which enables you to add the template and its dependable entities to a pack, which is editable.
Note: The Add To Pack feature is enabled only for templates for which the certification is set to None.
- (Remove From Pack)
- Opens the Remove From Pack Templates dialog box for the selected template, which enables you to delete or remove the template.
Note: The Remove From Pack feature is enabled only for templates for which the certification is set to None.