The Reservations window displays each workflow that is marked for reservation, and enables you to manage the reservations. You can access this window by selecting .
A reservation helps ensure that a selected resource is available for a specific scheduled workflow when that workflow is executed.
The Reservations table lists the workflows that are submitted for reservation. You can customize the table display by using the filtering and sorting features available for each column, as well as by rearranging the column order.
- enables or disables filtering for the entire table. A red "x" appears over the icon if filtering is disabled.
- Double-clicking clears and resets the filtering selections.
- on each column header enables you to filter based on the content of the columns. Clicking in a column allows you to filter on a specific item from the drop-down list or on all available items.
- Clicking the column header toggles between ascending and descending order of sorting. You can identify the applied sort order by the sort arrows ( for ascending and for descending).
- To rearrange the location of columns, you can drag and drop columns to place them in any required order. However, you cannot hide or delete any of these columns.
- Clicking the Search filter text box allows you to search for specific content. In addition, you can search using supported operators for the applicable column type, Alphabetic or Numeric.
The following table lists the supported operators for alphabetic and numeric columns in the Reservations table, available from the Search
filter text box.
- Does not contain
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Does not equal
- Does not equal
- Less than
- Greater than
- Less than or equal to
- Greater than or equal to
The Reservations table contains the following columns:
- Job #
- Displays the identification number of the job.
The job identification number is unique and is assigned by the server when it starts the job.
- Displays the workflow name.
- Time of Execution
- Displays the time when the job is scheduled to run or when the job was executed.
Click the calendar icon in the Search filter text box to search for a specific execution date.
- Time of reservation
- Displays the time when the job was scheduled, which is the time when the reservation was created.
Click the calendar icon in the Search filter text box to search for a specific reservation date.
- Command Name
- Displays the command for which the reservation was made. For example, for a workflow executing the command Create Volume myVolume of size 20MB, Create Volume is displayed.
- Displays the description of the reservation, which is generated from the string representation of the command.
- Workflow Status
- Displays the status of the workflow execution job. The status options are as follows:
- Waiting for Approval
- Partially Successful
- Cache Updated
- Displays whether the reservation has been verified and reflected in the cached data (YES or NO). This cache update is performed by the data acquisition process.
- Last Error
- Displays the error message that is generated when the reservation is simulated.
The toolbar is located above the column header. You can use the icons in the toolbar to perform various actions. These actions can also be accessed from the right-click menu in the window.
- Opens the Delete Reservations confirmation dialog box, which enables you to delete the selected reservation.
- Refreshes the contents of the Reservations table.