The Edit Credentials dialog box enables you to modify an existing credential.
- Enables you to select the match type of the credential, which defines the credential for either a specific IP address or host name, or an entire subnet or IP range. Available options include the following:
- Exact: defines a specific IP address or host name
- Pattern: defines an entire subnet or IP range
- Enables you to select the type of credential from the drop-down list.
VMware vCenter is not supported for Linux.
- Enables you to specify the host name or IP address for the credential.
- User Name
- Enables you to specify the user name for the credential.
- Enables you to specify the password for the user name.
- Overwrite Default Values
- Enables you to overwrite the default values of the protocol, port, and timeout that are associated with the selected remote system type for the credential.
By default, this check box is not selected. You must select the check box if you want to overwrite the default values.
The protocol table displays the port numbers and timeout limits (in seconds) for protocols associated with the selected remote system for the credential.
- Enables you to test the connection to the host name or IP address by logging in using the required credentials.
- Saves the configuration settings and closes the dialog box.
- Cancels the changes, if any, and closes the dialog box.