If you have moved a vFiler unit to a different subnet, you might have to configure the network servers and make adjustments on the clients. If you have moved the vFiler unit to a different Windows domain, you might also have to modify data-file security attributes, and run CIFS setup.
About this task
You must perform this task on the destination vFiler unit.
- To configure NIS and DNS servers, run the following command: setup
- To change the name of the Windows domain controller, run the following command: cifs prefdc
- To change the Windows WINS server, run the following command: cifs setup
Note: If the Windows domain has changed, you might have to change the permissions on the Windows data files to allow your users the same access they had in the old domain.
- To change the trusted host, perform the following steps:
- Edit the vFiler unit’s /etc/hosts.equiv file, adding the name of the trusted host for administering the vFiler unit.
- Add the path to the root volume and the name of the trusted host to the vFiler unit’s /etc/exports file.
/vol/vol0 access=adminhost, root=adminhost
- Remount volumes and qtrees on the clients.