You can create a disaster recovery vFiler unit on a destination storage system that has the storage capacity, characteristics, and the network connectivity to host an identical copy of the vFiler unit on the source storage system, which can serve data if the original vFiler unit fails to serve data.
About this task
Attention: On the disaster recovery storage system, you must protect any volumes that have the same names as the volumes on the original vFiler unit. Otherwise, data in those volumes is lost.
- On the destination storage system, enter the following command:
vfiler dr configure source_vfiler@source_filer Note:
- You must use the -c secure option to enable secure communication.
Note: You must ensure that when you are using IPv6 addresses, the httpd.ipv6.enable option is set to on.
For more information about the -c option, see the na_vfiler(1) man page.
- If you want to set up synchronous SnapMirror between the source and destination storage systems, you should use the -s option of the vfiler dr configure command.
For more information about the -s option, see the na_vfiler(1) man page.
- If you want to set up multiple path for synchronous SnapMirror relationship from the source to the destination storage system, you should use the -a option of the vfiler dr configure command.
For more information, see the section on using SnapMirror over multiple paths in the Data ONTAP Data Protection Online Backup and Recovery Guide for 7-Mode.
- If you do not want to initialize an existing SnapMirror relationship between the source and the destination storage system after the baseline transfer, you should use the -u option of the vfiler dr configure command.
- Optional: For multipath asynchronous SnapMirror relationship, edit the SnapMirror connection names in the snapmirror.conf file.
Multipath_connection_name: volume1 dst_filer:volume1 - 0-59/3 * * *
- Respond to the login prompt with a valid administrative ID and password for the source storage system.
- Respond to the IP address and binding prompts.
- Respond to the NIS and DNS server prompts.
- Optional: Monitor the progress of the disaster recovery by using the following command:
vfiler dr status source_vfiler@source_filer
When the vfiler dr status command output shows that all the storage units of the source vFiler unit are mirrored, the disaster recovery vFiler unit has been created. However, the disaster recovery vFiler unit has not been started.
Note: The vfiler dr configure command might take some time to complete while the volumes are being replicated.