Adding, removing, or moving vFiler unit resources affects only the association between the vFiler unit and the resources. It does not have any effect on user data in the vFiler unit.
- After you add storage resources to a vFiler unit, the resources are moved from the hosting storage system to a vFiler unit.
- After you remove storage resources from a vFiler unit, the resources are removed from the vFiler unit to the hosting storage system.
- After you add an IP address to a vFiler unit, you can assign the address as an IP alias of an interface or assign the address to a network interface that has not been configured.
- After you remove an IP address from a vFiler unit, the IP address becomes an unassigned IP address.
- After you move resources from one vFiler unit to another, the resources are moved from the resource vFiler unit and added to the destination vFiler unit.