To access MIB objects by using SNMPv3, you should create users with login-snmp capability.
- Enter the following command to create a role with login-snmp capability:
useradmin role add role_name -a login-snmp
role_name is the role name with login-snmp capability.
useradmin role add myrole1 -a login-snmp
- Enter the following command to create a group and add the created role to that group:
useradmin group add group_name -r role_name
group_name is the group name to which you want to add the created role, role_name.
useradmin group add mygroup1 -r myrole1
- Enter the following command to create a user and add the user to the created group:
useradmin user add user_name -g group_name
user_name is the user name belonging to the group, group_name.
useradmin user add myuser1 -g mygroup1
- Create a password for the new user.
Ensure that the password has a minimum of eight and a maximum of sixteen characters.
- Enter the snmpwalk command through the system MIB:
snmpwalk -v 3 -u user_name -l authNoPriv -A password storage_system system
password is the user's password that you entered in Step 3.
storage_system is the storage system that contains the MIBs.
snmpwalk -v 3 -u myuser1 -l authNoPriv -A johndoe123 host1 system