After enabling the diagnostic account, you must set the password for the account before you can use it to access the systemshell.
- Set the privilege level to advanced by entering the following command at the storage system prompt:
priv set advanced
- Enter the following command at the storage system prompt to set the password for the diagnostic account:
useradmin diaguser password
The following password rules apply to the diagnostic account:
- The password cannot contain the user name.
- The password must be at least eight characters long.
- The password must contain at least one letter and one number.
- The password cannot be the same as the last six passwords.
- The password must not contain the Ctrl-c or Ctrl-d key combination or the two-character string ^D.
Example of the useradmin diaguser password command output
The following example shows how you can use the useradmin diaguser password command to set the password for the diagnostic account.
systemname*> useradmin diaguser password
Please enter a new password:
Please enter it again: