You might need to restart a scan that was previously quiesced or a scheduled scan that is currently idle.
About this task
You might restart a scan for the following reasons:
- You quiesced the scan by using the reallocate quiesce command, and you want to restart it.
- You have a scheduled scan that is idle (it is not yet time for it to run again), and you want to run it immediately.
- Enter the following command:
reallocate restart [-i] pathname | aggr_name
- The -i option ignores the checkpoint and starts the job at the beginning.
- pathname is the path to the LUN, file, or volume on which you want to restart the reallocation scan.
- aggr_name is the name of the aggregate on which you want to restart the reallocation scan.
The command restarts a quiesced scan. If there is a scheduled scan that is idle, the reallocate restart command runs the scan.