System Manager is a graphical management interface that enables you to manage storage systems and storage objects (such as disks, volumes, and aggregates) and perform common management tasks related to storage systems from a Web browser.
You can use
System Manager to manage storage systems running the following versions of
- Data ONTAP 7.3.x (starting from 7.3.7)
- Data ONTAP 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 operating in 7-Mode
- Data ONTAP 8.1.2
- Data ONTAP 8.2
You can also use System Manager to manage
System Manager enables you to perform many common tasks such as the following:
- Configure and manage storage objects, such as disks, aggregates, volumes,
qtrees, and quotas.
- Configure protocols, such as CIFS and NFS, and provision file sharing.
- Configure protocols such as FC and iSCSI for block access.
- Verify and configure network configuration settings in the storage systems.
- Create and manage vFiler units.
- Set up and manage SnapMirror relationships and SnapVault relationships.
- Manage HA configurations and perform takeover and giveback operations.
Note: System Manager replaces FilerView as the tool to manage storage systems running Data ONTAP 8.1 or later.
For more information about
System Manager, see
the NetApp Support Site.