You can use FTP to access the /home directory of your storage system.
- Enable FTP access on the storage system by entering the following command:
options ftpd.enable on
- Set the default home directory by entering the following command:
options ftpd.dir.override /vol/vol0/home
For more information about FTP, see the Data ONTAP File Access and Protocols Management Guide for 7-Mode and the na_options(1) man page.
- Connect to the storage system from a client by using FTP.
- Use the FTP get command to copy files from the storage system to your client so you can edit them.
- Use the FTP put command to copy the edited files from your client to the storage system.