You can use the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to access the /home directory of your storage system.
Before you begin
SFTP requires SSHv2. Before enabling SFTP, ensure that SSHv2 has been set up and enabled for your storage system.
- Enable SFTP access on the storage system by entering the following command:
options sftp.enable on
- Set the default home directory by entering the following command:
options sftp.dir_override /vol/vol0/home
For more information about SFTP, see the Data ONTAP File Access and Protocols Management Guide for 7-Mode and the na_options(1) man page.
- Connect to the storage system from a client by using SFTP.
- Use the SFTP get command to copy files from the storage system to your client so you can edit them.
- Use the SFTP put command to copy the edited files from your client to the storage system.