The SSL protocol improves the security of web access by using a digital certificate to establish an encrypted connection between a web server and a browser.
You can manage SSL for the cluster or a Vserver in the following ways:
- Enabling SSL
- Generating and installing a digital certificate and associating it with the cluster or a Vserver
- Displaying the SSL configuration to see whether SSL has been enabled, and, if available, the SSL certificate name
- Setting up firewall policies for the cluster or a Vserver, so that web access requests can go through
- Defining which SSL versions (SSLv2 or SSLv3) can be used
- Restricting access to only HTTPS requests for a web service