You must license SnapLock Compliance, SnapLock Enterprise, or both before you can use the SnapLock feature. After installing the license, you need to enable them.
Before you begin
- You must ensure that Storage Encryption functionality is not enabled on the storage system.
Storage Encryption is not supported with SnapLock. If Storage Encryption is enabled on a storage system, you cannot use the SnapLock functionality. If a SnapLock license is installed on the storage system, Storage Encryption functionality will be unavailable.
About this task
SnapLock does not support solid-state drive (SSD) aggregates.
- Check if the SnapLock licenses exist on the storage system by entering the following command:
- Install a license for SnapLock Compliance, SnapLock Enterprise, or both by using the license add command.
- To use the SnapLock Compliance feature, enter the following command:
license add snaplock_license
- To install the SnapLock Enterprise feature, enter the following command:
license add snaplock_enterprise
After you finish
Enable the SnapLock license.