After meeting some prerequisites, you can set up BranchCache.
The following requirements must be met before configuring BranchCache on your Vserver's CIFS server:
- Data ONTAP 8.2 or later must be installed on all nodes in the cluster.
- CIFS must be licensed and a CIFS server must be configured.
- IPv4 or IPv6 network connectivity must be configured.
- For BranchCache 1, SMB 2.1 or later must be enabled.
- For BranchCache 2, SMB 3.0 must be enabled and the remote Windows clients must support BranchCache 2.