SA systems support a subset of features supported by FAS systems. SA systems are storage systems capable of storing only FlexCache volumes.
You manage an SA system the same way you manage a FAS system, with the following differences:
- Only FlexCache volumes and the root volume can be mounted, using NFSv2 or NFSv3.
- No file access protocol other than NFSv2 and NFSv3 is supported.
- Only the following licenses are supported:
- The size of the root volume is restricted:
- Traditional root volumes cannot be increased in size.
- Flexible root volumes can grow only to 100 GB or the minimum root volume size, whichever is larger.
- SA systems can be configured in a standard HA configuration, but not a mirrored HA configuration or a mirrored MetroCluster configuration.