You can specify a blocking factor using the b option in the dump command line.
- To specify a blocking factor for a backup, include the b option in the dump command line.
The following command performs a level-0 backup of the /vol/vol1 volume. This command writes 32 KB of data at a time, enabling you to restore the data from systems that limit each write to 32 KB.
dump 0ufb rst0a 32 /vol/vol1
The following list describes the elements of the command line:
- Does a full backup.
- Records the backup in the/etc/dumpdates file.
- Specifies that a tape device is supplied in the command line.
- Specifies that a blocking factor is provided.
- The tape drive rewinds the tape.
- The blocking factor is 32, so writes 32 KB of data at a time.
- The volume to be backed up.