You can use tape devices attached to a remote storage systems for a backup.
- To use a tape device on a remote storage system for the backup, use the f option and provide one or more tape devices, separated by commas, as a parameter to the f option.
Do not repeat the remote machine name.
Note: You cannot combine local and remote tape devices in a single command, and you can write to only one remote machine in a command.
The following command performs a backup to a tape drive attached to a remote storage system named sales1. The tape drive does not rewind the tape.
dump 0f sales1:nrst0a /vol/vol1
The following list describes the elements of the command line:
- Does a full backup.
- Specifies that a tape device is supplied in the command line.
- The name of the storage system that the tape drive is attached to.
- The tape drive does not rewind the tape.
- The volume to be backed up.