You can restore one or more directories or files from a backup.
- Use the X option in the restore command line.
- At the end of the command line, include the path names relative to the dump path of the files or directories that you want to restore.
Separate path names with a space.
Note: If you do not have a path in the command line, the restore command restores all data on the tape.
The following command restores the /src directory and puts it in the location from which it was backed up:
restore Xf rst0a /src
The following list describes the elements of the command line:
- Restores a specified file.
- Specifies that a tape device is supplied in the command line.
- The tape device.
- The directory to be restored.