The sanlun command uses the HBAAPI software provided by both the host operating system and the HBA vendor's API plugins to gather information about the HBAs, including their WWPNs. If this software is not available, the sanlun command returns an error message.
Error messages similar to the following indicate that the operating system's libHBAAPI
library is not installed:
- Unable to locate /usr/lib/libHBAAPI.so library
- Unable to locate /usr/lib64/libHBAAPI.so library
Error messages similar to the following indicate that the HBA vendor API plug-in is not installed:
- No supported adapters are present
- Unable to load HBA control library
To avoid this problem, make sure you have the correct management software package for your HBA and host architecture installed:
- For QLogic HBAS, install the QLogic QConvergeConsole CLI package.
- For Emulex HBAs, install the Emulex OneCommand Manager core application (CLI) package.
Note: If you are using a different HBA that is supported by the Host Utilities, you must install the management software for that HBA.
These packages are available from the HBA vendor.