The AutoSupport (ASUP) feature collects data in a customer support bundle from all AutoSupport-enabled storage arrays and automatically sends the data to technical support for remote troubleshooting and problem analysis with the storage management software.
All of the ASUP data is compressed into a single compressed archive file format (7z) at the location you specify.
You can choose between two methods of collecting support data: The AutoSupport feature and the Legacy Collect Support Data feature. With AutoSupport, data is automatically sent to technical support instead of manually sending it to technical support, as is done with Legacy Collect Support Data feature. The AutoSupport implementation speeds up troubleshooting and problem analysis.
The AutoSupport feature is the preferred data collection method to use if available on your storage array.
AutoSupport messages include three types:
- Event messages
- Sent when a support event on the managed storage array occurs
- Includes system configuration and diagnostic information
- Daily messages
- Sent once every day during a user configurable time interval, local time of the storage array
- Includes the current system event logs and performance data
- Weekly messages
- Sent once every week during a user configurable time interval, local time of the storage array
- Includes configuration and system state information
Before you configure the AutoSupport feature, make sure the following conditions are true:
- The AutoSupport feature must be enabled and activated on the storage array. (The AutoSupport feature is activated and de-activated globally on a storage management station and may be enabled or disabled for an individual storage array.)
- The Storage Manager Event Monitor must be running on at least one machine with access to the storage array and, preferably, on no more than one machine.