Qtrees enable you to manage and partition your data within the volume. You can use the Create Qtree dialog box in System Manager to add a new qtree to a volume on your storage system.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- Click Create.
- In the Details tab of the Create Qtree dialog box, type a name for the qtree.
- Select the volume to which you want to add this qtree.
The Volume browse list includes only volumes that are online.
- If you want to disable oplocks for the qtree, clear the Enable Oplocks
for files and directories in this Qtree check box.
By default, oplocks are enabled for each qtree.
- If you want to change the default inherited security style, select a new one.
The default security style of the qtree is the security style of the volume that contains the qtree.
- If you want to change the default inherited export policy, select an existing export policy or create a new export policy.
The default export policy of the qtree is the export policy assigned to the volume that contains the qtree.
- If you want to restrict disk space usage, click the Quotas tab.
- If you want to apply quotas on the qtree, click Qtree quota and specify the disk space limit.
- If you want to apply quotas for all the users on the qtree, click User quota and specify the disk space limit.
- Click Create.
- Verify that the new qtree you created is included in the list of qtrees in the Qtrees window.