You can use System Manager to create one or more FC SAN optimized LUNs during the initial setup of a cluster on an All Flash FAS platform.
- Log in to System Manager by using your cluster administrator credential.
After you create LUNs using this method, you cannot use this method again.
If you close the dialog box without creating LUNs, you must navigate to the LUNs page and click Create to access the dialog box again.
- In the LUN details area of the Create LUNs dialog box, specify the application type:
|If the application type is...
- Specify the database name and size.
- If you have deployed Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), then select the Oracle RAC check box.
Only two RAC nodes are supported. You must ensure that Oracle RAC has a minimum of two initiators added to the initiator group.
||Specify the number of database and each database size.
- Specify the name and size of each LUN.
- If you want to create more LUNs, click Add more LUNs, and then specify the name and size for each LUN.
Data, log, binary, and temporary LUNs are created based on the selected application type.
- In the "Map to these Initiators" area, perform these steps:
- Specify the initiator group name and type of operating system.
- Add the host initiator WWPN from the drop-down list or by typing the initiator in the text box.
Only one initiator group is created.
- Click Create.
A summary table is displayed with the specified LUNs, their size, status, and name of the volume and aggregate on which the LUNs are created.
- Click Close.