You can use System Manager to migrate a data LIF or a cluster management LIF to a different port on the same node or a different node within the cluster, if the port is either faulty or requires maintenance.
Before you begin
The destination node and ports must be operational and must be able to access the same network as the source port.
About this task
- If you are removing the NIC from the node, you must migrate LIFs hosted on the ports belonging to the NIC to other ports in the cluster.
- You cannot migrate iSCSI or FC LIFs.
- Expand the Cluster hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, click
- In the Network window, click the Network Interfaces tab.
- In the Network Interfaces tab, select the interface that you want to migrate, and then click Migrate.
- In the Migrate Interface dialog box, select the destination port to which you want to migrate the LIF.
- Optional: Select the Migrate Permanently check box to set the destination port as the new home port for the LIF.
- Click Migrate.