You can use the Users window to manage user accounts, reset a user's password, or display information about all user accounts.
- Opens the Add User dialog box, which enables you to add user accounts.
- Opens the Modify User dialog box, which enables you to modify user login methods.
Note: It is best to use a single role for all access and authentication methods of a user account.
- Enables you to delete a selected user account.
- Change Password
- Opens the Change Password dialog box, which enables you to reset the user password.
- Locks the user account.
- Updates the information in the window.
The area below the users list displays detailed information about the selected user.
- Displays the name of the user account.
- Account Locked
- Displays whether the user account is locked.
User Login Methods area
- Displays the access method that a user can use to access the storage system. The supported access methods include the following:
- System console (console)
- HTTP(S) (http)
- Data ONTAP API (ontapi)
- Service Processor (service-processor)
- SSH (ssh)
- Displays the default supported authentication method, which is "password".
- Displays the role of a selected user.