System Manager is a graphical management interface that enables you to manage storage systems and storage objects (such as disks, volumes, and aggregates) and perform common management tasks related to storage systems from a web browser. As a cluster administrator, you can use System Manager to administer the entire cluster and its resources.
Important: System Manager is no longer available as an executable file and is now included with Data ONTAP as a web service, enabled by default, and accessible by using a browser.
System Manager enables you to perform many common tasks such as the following:
- Configure and manage storage objects, such as disks, aggregates, volumes,
qtrees, and quotas.
- Configure protocols, such as CIFS and NFS, and provision file sharing.
- Configure protocols such as FC, FCoE, and iSCSI for block access.
- Create and configure network components such as subnets, broadcast domains, data and management interfaces, and interface groups.
- Set up and manage mirroring and vaulting relationships.
- Perform cluster management, storage node management, and Storage Virtual Machine (SVM, formerly known as Vserver) management operations.
- Create and configure SVMs, manage storage objects associated with SVMs, and manage SVM services.
- Monitor and manage HA configurations in a cluster.
- Configure Service Processors to remotely log in, manage, monitor, and administer the node, regardless of the state of the node.