You can use System Manager to reset the password of a Windows local user. For example, you might want to reset the password if the password is compromised or if the user has forgotten the password.
About this task
The password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least six characters in length
- Must not contain the user account name
- Must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Special characters: ~ ! @ # 0 ^ & * _ - + = ` \ | ( ) [ ] : ; " ' < > , . ? /
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- In the Users tab, select the user whose password you want to reset and click Set Password.
- In the Reset Password window, set a new password for the user.
- Confirm the new password and click Reset.