You can use System Manager to stop a Storage Virtual Machine (SVM) if you want to troubleshoot any issue with the SVM, delete the SVM, or stop data access from the SVM.
Before you begin
All the clients connected to the SVM
must be disconnected.
Attention: If any clients are connected to the SVM when you stop it, data loss might occur.
About this task
- You cannot stop SVMs during storage failover (SFO).
- When you stop the SVM, an SVM administrator cannot log in to the SVM.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the appropriate cluster.
- Select the SVM that you want to stop and click Stop.
stops serving data to clients.