You can use System Manager to change the aggregate name, RAID type, and RAID group size of an existing aggregate when required.
Before you begin
For modifying the aggregate RAID type from RAID4 to RAID-DP, the aggregate must contain enough compatible spare disks, excluding the hot spares.
About this task
- You cannot use System Manager to edit the following:
- Aggregates in a MetroCluster configuration
- SyncMirror aggregates
You must use the command-line interface (CLI) instead.
- You cannot change the RAID group of Data ONTAP systems that support array LUNs.
RAID0 is the only available option.
- You cannot change the RAID type of partitioned disks.
RAID-DP is the only available option.
- Expand either the Cluster or the Nodes hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- In the Aggregates window, select the aggregate that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Aggregate dialog box, modify the aggregate name, the RAID type, and the RAID group size, as required.
- Click Save.