You can use System Manager to rename a local Windows group to identify it more easily.
About this task
- The new group name must remain in the same domain as the old group name.
- The group name must meet the following requirements:
- Must not exceed 256 characters
- Must not end in a period
- Must not include commas
- Must not include any of the following printable characters: " / \ [ ] : | < > + = ; ? * @
- Must not include characters in the ASCII range 1 through 31, which are
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- In the Groups tab, select the group you want to rename and click Rename.
- In the Rename Group window, specify a new name for the group.
The local group name is changed and is listed with the new name in the Groups