You can use System Manager to edit the properties of Storage Virtual Machines (SVMs), such as the name service switch, name mapping switch, and aggregate list.
About this task
- You can edit the values of the following SVMs properties:
- Name service switch
- Protocols that are allowed to serve data
Note: The CIFS protocol that is configured on the SVM continues to serve data even when you disallow it on that SVM.
- The list of aggregates that are available to create volumes
If you do not specify the aggregates for SVMs with Infinite Volume, the Infinite Volume spans across all the aggregates in the cluster.
Note: For FlexVol volumes, you can assign aggregates only if you have delegated administration to an SVM administrator.
- System Manager does not display the values of the name service switch and the name mapping switch for an SVM that is created through the command-line interface, or whose services are not configured and not set to the default values by Data ONTAP.
You can use the command-line interface to view the services because the Services tab is disabled.
System Manager only displays the name service switch and the name mapping switch of an SVM when it is created by using System Manager or when services of the SVM are set to their default values by Data ONTAP.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the SVM window, select the SVM that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
The Edit Storage Virtual Machine dialog box is displayed.
- In the Details tab, modify the required data protocols.
- In the Resource Allocation tab, choose one of the following methods to delegate volume creation:
|If you want to provision volume creation...
|For all aggregates
||Select the Do not delegate volume creation option.
|For specific aggregates
- Select the Delegate volume creation option.
- Select the required aggregates for delegating volume creation.
- In the Services tab, specify the name service switch sources for the required
database types and the order in which they should be consulted to
retrieve name service information.
The default values for each of the database types are as follows:
- hosts: files, dns
- namemap: files
- group: files
- netgroup: files
- passwd: files
- Click Save and Close.