The security style configured for an initiator specifies how the authentication is done for that initiator during the iSCSI connection login phase. You can use System Manager to change the security for selected iSCSI initiators by changing the authentication method.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- In the Initiator Security tab, select one or more initiators from the initiator list and click Edit in the Initiator Security area.
- Change the security type.
For CHAP authentication, you must provide the user name and password and confirm your password for inbound settings. For outbound settings, this is optional.
- Click OK.
- Verify the changes you made in the Initiator Security tab.