You can delete a Snapshot copy to conserve space or to free disk space, or you can delete the Snapshot copy if it is no longer required by using System Manager.
Before you begin
If you want to delete a Snapshot copy that is busy or locked, you must have released the Snapshot copy from the application that was using it.
About this task
- You cannot delete the base Snapshot copy in a parent volume if a FlexClone volume is using that Snapshot copy.
The base Snapshot copy is the Snapshot copy that is used to create the FlexClone volume, and always displays the status busy and Application Dependency as busy,vclone in the parent volume.
- You cannot delete a locked Snapshot copy that is used in a SnapMirror relationship.
The Snapshot copy is locked and is required for the next update.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- Select the volume that contains the Snapshot copy that you want to delete.
- Click Snapshot Copies in the lower pane of .
- In the lower window pane, select the Snapshot copy that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Select the confirmation check box, and then click