You can use System Manager to create a share that enables you to specify a folder, qtree, or volume that CIFS users can access.
Before you begin
You must have installed the CIFS license before you set up and start CIFS.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and then click .
- Click Create Share.
- In the Create Share window, click Browse and select the folder, qtree, or volume that should be shared.
- Specify a name for the new CIFS share.
- Optional: Select the Enable continuous availability for Hyper-V and SQL check box to permit SMB 3.0 and later clients that support it to open files persistently during nondisruptive operations.
Files opened using this option are protected from
disruptive events, such as failover, giveback, and LIF migration.
- Select the Encrypt data while accessing this share check box to enable SMB 3.0 encryption.
- Provide a description or comment for the share and click Create.
The share is created with the access permissions set to "Full Control for Everyone"
in the group.