When your volume reaches nearly full capacity, you can increase the size of the volume, delete some Snapshot copies, or adjust the Snapshot reserve. You can use the Volume Resize wizard in System Manager to provide more free space.
About this task
- For a volume that is configured to grow automatically, you can modify the limit to which the volume can grow automatically, based on the increased size of the volume.
- You cannot reduce the size of an Infinite Volume.
- You cannot use System Manager to resize Infinite Volumes with storage classes.
Instead, you must use OnCommand Workflow Automation.
- You cannot resize a data protection volume if its mirror relationship is broken or if a reverse resynchronization operation has been performed on the volume.
Instead, you must use the command-line interface (CLI).
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), and click .
- Select the volume that you want to resize.
- Click Resize.
- Type or select information as prompted by the wizard.
- Confirm the details and click
Finish to complete the wizard.
- Verify the changes you made to the available space and total space of the volume in the Volumes window.