You can add SSDs as either storage pools or dedicated SSDs to increase the size of a Flash Pool aggregate by using System Manager.
Before you begin
- The Flash Pool aggregate must be online.
- There must be sufficient spare SSDs or allocation units in the storage pool that can be assigned as cache disks.
- Expand either the Cluster or the Nodes hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- In the Aggregates window, select the Flash Pool aggregate, and click Add Cache.
- In the Add Cache dialog box, perform the appropriate action:
|If you selected the cache source as...
||Select the storage pool from which cache can be obtained and specify the cache size.
||Select the SSD size and the number of SSDs to include.
- Click Add.
The cache disks are added to the selected Flash Pool aggregate
. The updated information is displayed in the Details tab
of the Aggregates window