Instead of exporting an entire volume, you can export a specific qtree on a volume to make it directly accessible to clients. You can use System Manager to export a qtree by assigning an export policy to it. You can assign an export policy to one or more qtrees from the Qtrees window.
- Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, select the SVM, and click .
- Select one or more qtrees for which you want to assign an export policy and click Change Export Policy.
- In the Export Policy dialog box, create a new export policy or select an existing export policy.
- Click Save.
- Verify that the export policy and its related export rules that you assigned to the qtrees is displayed in the Details tab of the appropriate qtree.