The Cloud ONTAP CLI enables you to execute all administrative commands and is a good choice for advanced tasks or if you are more comfortable using the CLI. You can connect to the CLI using Secure Shell (SSH).
Before you begin
The host from which you use SSH to connect to Cloud ONTAP
must have a network connection to the Cloud ONTAP
instance. For example, you might need to use SSH from the Cloud Manager
instance or from a jump host in AWS.
- In Cloud Manager, identify the IP address of the cluster management interface:
- On the Working Environments page, double-click the name of the instance.
- In the Cloud ONTAP Storage pane, click the menu icon, and then click Information.
- Copy the cluster management IP address:
- Use SSH to connect to the cluster management interface IP address using the admin account.
The following image shows an example using PuTTY:
- At the login prompt, enter the password for the admin account.