You need to ensure that the minimum requirements are met for deploying SnapMirror over Fibre Channel.
- You must use supported switches and compatible firmware.
Note: To view the supported switches and firmware versions, see Requirements for SnapMirror over Fibre Channel transport (Asynchronous, Synchronous, and Semi-synchronous modes) on the NetApp Support Site.
- There must be at least one switch between the source and destination.
- The SAN configuration must be homogenous with respect to the switch vendors.
- The SAN must be enabled for in-order frame delivery (IOD) if there is more than one path between the source and destination systems.
- The path between the source and destination must use dedicated switches or the Storage Area Network (SAN) must be configured such that SnapMirror traffic occurs in a dedicated zone. For Cisco switches, you can use the dedicated VSAN capability.