About this task
The process of moving the qtree SnapMirror
source involves creating a Snapshot copy
on the original source and then replicating the Snapshot copy
on the destinations, both the new source and the existing destination. After this is done, the Snapshot copy
is common on all volumes, allowing for the SnapMirror
relationship to be broken from the original source and established between the new source and the existing destination.
The following terms are used in the task description for moving qtree SnapMirror
- oldsource—The original system on which the source resides.
- newsource—The system to which you are moving the source.
- destination—The system to which the source is replicated.
- oldsourcevol—The original source volume.
- newsourcevol—The new source volume to which you are moving.
- destinationvol—The volume to which the source is replicated.