You need to follow certain guidelines when creating a SnapVault relationship.
When you create a SnapVault relationship, you must be aware of the following guidelines for volumes and qtrees:
- You must establish a SnapVault relationship between volumes that have the same vol lang settings.
- After you establish a SnapVault relationship, you must not change the language assigned to the destination volume.
- You must avoid white space (spaces and tab characters) in names of source and destination qtrees.
- You must not rename volumes or qtrees after establishing a SnapVault relationship.
- The qtree cannot exist on the secondary system before the baseline transfer.