You can use the options snapmirror.log.enable command to check SnapMirror data transfer logs. You can find out whether transfers are occurring as planned, how long the transfers take, and how well the system setup works. You find this information in the SnapMirror log file.
log file provides the following information:
- The start time and the end time of the SnapMirror logging process.
- The start time, end time, and size of each transfer.
- Any abnormal termination and restart of a transfer.
- Other SnapMirror-related activities.
You can use the raw information provided to do the following:
- Calculate the average transfer size.
- Calculate the average transfer time.
- Look at the number of successful transfers and the failure rate.
- Tune the schedule.
- Create a notifier for aborted transfers.
- Monitor performance on a per-volume level.
- Be assured that things are working as planned.