A plex can either be in an online state or in an offline state. In the online state, the plex is available for read or write access and the contents of the plex are current. In an offline state, the plex is not accessible for read or write.
An online plex can be in the following states.
- Active—The plex is available for use.
- Adding disks or array LUNs—Data ONTAP is adding disks or array LUNs to the RAID group or groups of the plex.
- Empty—The plex is part of an aggregate that is being created and Data ONTAP needs to zero out one or more of the disks or array LUNs targeted to the aggregate before adding the disks to the plex.
- Failed—One or more of the RAID groups in the plex failed.
- Inactive—The plex is not available for use.
- Normal—All RAID groups in the plex are functional.
- Out-of-date—The plex contents are out of date and the other plex of the aggregate has failed.
- Resyncing—The plex contents are being resynchronized with the contents of the other plex of the aggregate.