If you want to use mirrored aggregates, you can either create a new aggregate with two mirrored plexes, or add a plex to an existing aggregate.
Note: A mirrored aggregate can have only two plexes.
The rules for the selection of disks or array LUNs, for using as mirrored aggregates, are as follows:
- Disks or array LUNs selected for each plex must be in different pools.
- The same number of disks or array LUNs must be in both the plexes.
- Disks are selected first on the basis of equivalent bytes per sector (bps) size, then on the basis of the size of the disk.
- If there is no equivalent-sized disk, Data ONTAP uses a larger-capacity disk, and limits the size to make it identically sized.
- Data ONTAP names the plexes of the mirrored aggregate.
Note: When creating an aggregate, Data ONTAP selects disks from the plex which has the most available disks. You can override this selection policy by specifying the disks to use.