Setup requirements and restrictions for mirrored HA pairs
The restrictions and requirements for mirrored HA pairs include those for a standard HA pair with these additional requirements for disk pool assignments and cabling.
- You must ensure that your pools are configured correctly:
- Disks or array LUNs in the same plex must be from the same pool, with those in the opposite plex from the opposite pool.
- There must be sufficient spares in each pool to account for a disk or array LUN failure.
- Both plexes of a mirror should not reside on the same disk shelf because it might result in a single point of failure.
See the Data ONTAP Data Protection Online Backup and Recovery Guide for 7-Mode for more information about requirements for setting up SyncMirror with array LUNs.
- The cf.mode option must be set to ha.
- If you are using array LUNs, paths to an array LUN must be redundant.