Configuring network interfaces for the HA pair
You must configure network interfaces so that if takeover occurs, interfaces on the operating node takes over interfaces on the failed-over node and hosts can still reach data over the network.
Both nodes in the HA pair must have interfaces that access the same collection of networks and subnetworks.
- The IP address for both the local node and partner node.
- The netmask for both the local node and partner node.
- The MTU size for both the local node and partner node.
The MTU size must be the same on both the local and partner interface.
If you configured your interfaces using setup when you first applied power to your storage systems, you do not need to configure them again.
- Determine whether to use shared interfaces or dedicated and standby interfaces.
- Configure your interfaces on one node.
- Repeat Step 2 on the other node.
- If desired, configure automatic takeover for the interfaces or interface groups.